MY YOGA JOURNEY
It is the sport and lifestyle trend of the moment and the last thousand years: Yoga. No wonder, the Indian movement theory for over 5000 years a persistent favorite, next to a healthy body it conjures up to a mental well-being.
If you follow me on instagram @vanessaciliberto (make sure you do) you will have noticed, that I’m regulary practising Yoga.
I get a lot of questions why I practice Yoga. Most of the people think it’s just for the physical aspect, the increased mobility and the strength, but well it isn’t.
There are a few different aspects why people start doing Yoga. I read an article, which said that: approx. 90% of the people come to Yoga for flexibility, stress relief, health, and physical fitness. The other 10% for the will change.
I started to practice Yoga and meditation two years ago when I went through some rough times in my life. Everything was so insecure and kept on changing and I felt really lost and left alone in this continuous change. I mean it’s a matter of fact, that we are living in a culture in which we rush from one day to the next, constantly trying to change and improve ourselves. In a world where we have to deal with the continuous pressure of ourselves and others. Yoga aims toward transcendence of all those things, it opens up the possibility of connecting to what we already have — to who we already are.
Yoga offered me self-reflection, self-compassion, continued growth and self-awareness, but I also took and still take advantage from its health benefits. Due to my scoliosis, which caused me major pain in my neck and back I had to visit physical therapy for years. And even if I went there almost once a week the pain was always there. Since I started practicing Yoga the pain is disappeared and shows up only very rarely.
I think I’m at the very beginning of a long Yoga way, but I love what I’ve seen and learned so far and can’t wait to proceed the journey.
Yoga Outfit: Hunkemöller